Family Worship Guide
March 22, 2020
Below are several resources to help you facilitate family worship this week.
We live in a world full of distractions, but our God is worthy of all worship, honor, and praise. In light of this truth, please engage in worship with the same focus and reverence in your home as you would here at the church each week. It is our prayer that you would fervently sing to God, Pray to God, and listen to the truth of God's word.
God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling.
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy habitation of the Most High.
God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved;
God will help her when morning dawns.
The nations rage, the kingdoms totter;
he utters his voice, the earth melts.
The LORD of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Come, behold the works of the LORD,
how he has brought desolations on the earth.
He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the chariots with fire.
“Be still, and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!”
The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Please take a moment to pray through the truths of these verses.
Songs for Worship
- Thank God for his power and sovereignty even in unsure times.
- Pray for someone you love who has not put their trust in Jesus.
- Pray for those most affected by the corona virus.
- Pray for our national, state, local, and church leadership as they are navigating these difficult times.
- Pray that the Corona virus would ultimately bring glory to God and cause the lost to see his glory, grace, and power.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would not allow you to become complacent in your relationship with Jesus during this time.
- Pray that God would give you new opportunities to share the gospel with those around you.
- Pray that God would use today's sermon to reveal any sinfulness in your life and bring you to repentance.
- Pray that God's Spirit would work through his word so that you would be shaped more into the image of Jesus.
The Word Preached
Reflection & Response
Take this time to think on the truths just revealed through the preaching of God's word. What is God calling you to do?
Play the video below and spend time with Jesus. Listen to the words of the song, Pray that God would draw you into him and remind you that even in the midst of uncertain times he is in control and will never let you go.
If there is a decision that the Lord is calling you to today, we would love to hear about it and have one of our pastors contact you.
If you have a prayer request, please submit it below and our team will be in prayer for you daily.
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think,
according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in
Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
-- Ephesians 3:20 -- 21